Political Law (Constitutional Law) – Article XVIII
ARTICLE XVIII – TRANSITORY PROVISIONS
Effectivity of the 1987 Constitution
- The 1987 Constitution took effect immediately upon its ratification.
- According to the SC, this took place on February 2, 1987, which was the day the people cast their votes ratifying the Constitution.
Military bases agreements
1) Renewals of military bases agreements must be through a strict treaty.
2) Ratification of the agreement in a plebiscite is necessary only when Congress so requires.
3) Section 25 of Article XVIII allows possible local deployment of only AMERICAN forces.
Political Law (Constitutional Law) Reviewer & Memory Aid
Ateneo Central Bar Operations 2001
Louie, Carrie, Evelyn, Thel, Gem, Ronald
Posted on December 20, 2011, in Constitutional Law, Political Law and tagged Political Law (Constitutional Law) - Article XVIII. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.